I really wanted a celery in my garden so I had to figure a way out. One evening, we were making a salad and the celery was going to be in it. I then thought for a second, I told you fellas about growing hydro herbs and veg in one of while back ago posts. It clicked in my mind, I knew exactly what to do. This what I did.
- Take the excess piece/end piece of the celery.
- Grab a container (shallow/medium height).
- Place the excess piece/end piece of the celery into the container.
- Fill the container with water, marking halfway at the celery.
- Position it into enclosed area under direct sunlight. e.g. bathroom or patio.
Celery in a container in enclosed area – bathroom
- After the plant has reached a good height/ mature level.
- Remove the existing plant out of the pot into the garden where you wish to plant it.
- Don’t forget to mulch me!
- Must require semi-shade or full sun.
- Must also be planted into an enclosed are protected from wind damage/wind burn.
- Water moderately.